At Universal Academy of Florida, the safety and wellness of each student and staff member is of the utmost importance to us. We teach health precautions to even our youngest preschoolers, and are vigiliant in the care of every child on campus.
For the 2021-2022 school year, UAF has mandated the use of masks campus-wide, including PreK-12th grade students, staff, and visitors.
Reporting Student COVID Cases
We encourage all our families to report any COVID-positive cases. If your child has tested positive for COVID-19 and/or is quarantined due to immediate exposure, please use the Google Form by CLICKING HERE to report it asap so we can continue to prepare and plan accordingly.
covid-19 Response playbook
Please click here to access UAF's COVID-19 Response Playbook. This playbook provides guidance on how to respond if a child or a staff member exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 or tests positive for COVID-19.
On-Campus COVID-19 Testing Program for Students & Staff
AF is committed to take the steps necessary to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and keep our students and staff safe, Insha’Allah. As a part of these efforts, we are offering a free, weekly, onsite COVID-19 PCR Testing Program for our students and staff. Parent consent will be required for the testing.
Regular testing will help protect our students, staff, family members, and others who at risk for getting seriously sick from COVID-19. This testing program is now a standard practice in several states and counties across the country. Through this program, we will be able to identify COVID-19 cases quickly and early, which can help us stop an outbreak before it happens.
Please see the details below:
- How do I submit consent? Submitting consent to have your child tested for COVID-19 in school for free, is quick and easy. Please click on the following link and submit the form: https://hipaa.jotform.
com/220116415550140. You must fill out a form for EACH child. Please note, you only have to fill out the form once for the rest of the 2021-2022 school year.
- Who will be tested? We will offer weekly testing to everyone all students and staff who have consented to testing —even if they don’t have symptoms of COVID-19.
- How is the testing done? The COVID-19 testing is quick, noninvasive and easy. A trained member of the testing team will oversee testing with a cheek swab through the mouth, not a nasal swab.
- Is the testing free? This is a free service to all students, and staff. If the students and staff have insurance, they can include their insurance information on the form (by law, the test cost will be covered by any insurance). If you do not have insurance for your child, the test will still be free of cost, and you can leave that section blank.
- When will we get the results: Parents will receive weekly test results in their email for each of their students. The school will also be notified if any of the students or staff tests positive.
- How can I be sure that my child’s information will be protected? Sharing of information about your child will only be done for public health purposes and in accordance with applicable law and policies protecting student privacy and the security of your child’s data.
- Testing service for Parents: We are also planning to extend this service to parents in the near future. More details will be sent out later.
We appreciate your partnership, cooperation, and overall commitment to keeping school communities safe and health, as we work together to contain the spread of this virus. If you have questions regarding the COVID-19 Testing Program, please feel free to contact the Front Office.