Falcon Weekly Reminder
February 24 - February 28
The mission of the Universal Academy of Florida is to teach our students the principles and practices of Islam and prepare them for academic success and good citizenship.
Ayah Of The Week
وَاسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ ۚ وَإِنَّهَا لَكَبِيرَةٌ إِلَّا عَلَى الْخَاشِعِينَ
And seek aid in steadfast patience and prayer: and this, indeed, is a hard thing for all but the humble in spirit. (Al-Baqarah:45)
CONTINUING FAMILY REGISTRATION
2020 - 2021
Priority Registration for our UAF families started this Friday, February 21, 2020.
Registration applications will be available online in your portals from February 21 - March 31. New family registration will begin on March 20th. Don't Delay!! Reserve your child's spot before new families start registering on this date.
Registration forms are only available in one parent's portal, therefore please check both Parent Portals.
- Go to www.uaftampa.org and login to your Plus Portal account.
- Select Forms from the menu and click on the link to access your Online Forms Account.
- Complete an application for each child and submit online along with your deposit.
- If you’re adding a new sibling, please go to www.uaftampa.org/admissions and start a new application for your child.
- Silent Dismissal (New Dismissal Procedure): Please make sure to clearly display the green car tag on your vehicle's rear-view mirror during dismissal. If you park across the street, please make sure to bring the tag with you. If you are carpooling or send someone else to pick up your child, they must also have the green car tag for each family. If you would like to order extra car tags, please inform the Main Office (Cost: $5 for a set of 2 car tags)
- Late Pick-Up Policy: Student supervision and safety is a priority at UAF. All students should be picked up promptly after school and/or after their extra-curricular class/club, sports program, tutoring etc. The school asks parents and guardians to be mindful of the extra burden placed on our staff/coaches when students need to be supervised after their pick up time. Effective Monday, February 3rd, a $10.00 late charge is charged for the first thirty-minute that a child remains beyond dismissal or beyond the program enrolled and $1 per minute after the first thirty minutes. Past due and late fees must be paid in full no later than Friday of the week of the occurrence. If the fees are not paid on time, a $5.00 late charge per day will be added to the past due fees. Repeated late pick-ups or non-payment of late fees will result in your child’s dismissal from the After-School Program.
- Attendance Line: Parents are required to report their child's absence, please call the UAF Attendance line (Extension 6) or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please be sure to notify the school by 9:30 a.m. on the day of the absence to excuse the absence; otherwise students will be marked unexcused and will not be allowed to make-up missed assignments.
- Secondary Dress Code Reminder:
- Hijabs must fully cover all hair. Girls are required to wear an under piece and have their hijabs pinned. (Hair that is not covered properly will result in dress code violation; multiple offenses may result in the student wearing a two-piece hijab) Pinned hijabs and under pieces are mandatory moving forward.
- Solid black or navy-blue jackets are only permissible. (Students will be asked to remove the jacket and receive a dress code violation)
- Boys’ hair must be neat and adhere to the handbook. Haircuts that have partially shaved hair with excessive hair at the top will result in the student going home and fixing the haircut. The day will be considered unexcused earning the student zeros for the day. The student will not be allowed back in school unless hair abides by hair policy in the handbook.
- Lost and Found: Lost and found items are piling up in the Main Office. Please encourage your child(ren) to retrieve their lost items (jackets, uniforms, books, lunch boxes, water bottles, etc) from the Main Office. Lost items will remain in the office for 3 weeks and after that they will be donated.
- Outerwear Uniform Policy: As the weather becomes cooler please be reminded of our school uniform policy as stated in the Uniform Guidelines. Only solid navy or black open front outerwear is permitted or you can purchase official UAF outerwear from Risse Brothers (813-282-8338).
- Tardy Policy: Students should only be absent or tardy from school in case of illness, unusual family difficulties, or emergencies. Students that are tardy to school in excess of 10 times per quarter will not be eligible to receive any honor roll awards.
- UAF Facebook: Visit our UAF Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/universalacademyofflorida) page and stay updated about fun information and pictures of our events!
Muffins with Mom
UAF's PTO cordially invite all Elementary school (Prek-5th Grades) mothers, grandmothers, aunts or female guardians to come and enjoy coffee and muffins this Tuesday, February 25th at 8:00am.
Parents who signed up for product/monetary donations, please make sure to drop off all perishable/non-perishable items on Monday.
Falcon Newsletter: Issue # 1
Cafeteria Menu: February
Athletic Calendar: February
This week at UAF:
Monday, February 24:
- Secondary Morning Athkar @ Basketball Court during Homeroom
- NHS Krispy Kreme Bakesale during Homeroom and all lunches
Tuesday, February 25:
- Elementary Muffins with Mom Event at Basketball Court (8:00am-9:00am)
- All elementary (Prek-5th Grades) mothers, grandmothers, aunts or female guardians are invited to attend
Wednesday, February 26:
- Elementary Morning Assembly
- Secondary Morning Athkar @ Basketball Court during Homeroom
- PSAT (Grades 8, 9, 10)
- Students need to be punctual to homeroom in order not to miss testing.
Thursday, February 27:
- Elementary Morning Athkar @ Courtyard during Homeroom
- Cap and Gown Pictures for KG, 5th and 8th Grades
- 8th grade girls must wear white Hijab
Friday, February 28:
- Secondary Kahf Assembly
- Healthy Habits Parents Session at 8:30am (All parents are invited to attend)
- What:A session about building positive habits in our kids
- Who: By Sr. Ezdehar and Sr. Hamdh
- Where: Assembly Room
- Senior/Junior Girls mini-retreat with Sr. Hanin
- Time: 3:00 pm-9:00 pm
Author Visit at UAF!
We are happy to announce that with the grace of Allah SWT, Inspiring the Love of Islam, has released their first children's book: Qur'an Princesses!
UAF will be hosting an Author Visit with Sr. Suad Sultan who will be sharing this inspiring story with our school on Friday March 6th.
Parents and Staff and welcome to attend! Please refer to the flyer for the schedule.
Remember to simply fill out the pre-order form which will guarantee the child a book: - https://forms.gle/Zpp6aap9FYkSHfFd8
(All dates are subject to change)
Mar. 16-20: Spring Break