Falcon Weekly Reminder
March 18 - March 22
The mission of the Universal Academy of Florida is to teach our students the principles and practices of Islam and prepare them for academic success and good citizenship.
Aya Of The Week
وَلَا تَحْسَبَنَّ الَّذِينَ قُتِلُوا فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ أَمْوَاتًا ۚ بَلْ أَحْيَاءٌ عِنْدَ رَبِّهِمْ يُرْزَقُونَ
Important Reminder: Tomorrow, Monday, March 18th, is a half day for all students. Dismissal will be at 12:20pm. Please make sure to pick up your child(ren) on time.
Insha'Allah everyone is enjoying a relaxing Spring Break!! UAF will be back in session from tomorrow (Monday, March 18th)!
- PTO - Secondary Parent Meeting: March 24 at 10 am
- SUFS Family Reminder: Renewal families can now apply through Step Up For Students for a Florida Tax Credit (income-based) Scholarship for the 2019-20 school year. This year renewal families will have processing priority until Jan. 31, 2019. Renewal families who apply on or after Feb. 1, 2019, will lose their priority status over new applications. For further information visit: stepupforstudents.org. Once you receive your Step Up Award Letter, please make sure to personally bring it to the Business Office. Please do not email the letter to us.
- Tardy Policy: Students should only be absent or tardy from school in case of illness, unusual family difficulties, or emergencies. Students that are tardy to school in excess of 10 times per quarter will not be eligible to receive any honor roll awards.
- Attendance Line: Parents are required to report their child's absence, please call the UAF Attendance line (Extension 6) or email email@example.com . Please be sure to notify the school by 12 p.m. on the day of the absence to excuse the absence; otherwise students will be marked unexcused and will not be allowed to make-up missed assignments.
- UAF Facebook: Visit our UAF Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/universalacademyofflorida) page and stay updated about fun information and pictures of our events!
CONTINUING FAMILY REGISTRATION
2019 - 2020
Priority Registration for our UAF families started on February 15, 2019!!
Registration applications will be available online in your portals from February 15 - March 31. Registration forms are only available in one parent's portal, therefore please check both Parent Portals.
New family registration will begin on March 20th. Don't Delay!! Reserve your child's spot before new families start registering on this date.
Cafeteria Menu: March
Athletic Calendar: March
NEWSLETTER: Falcon Forum Issue # 1
This Week at UAF:
Monday, Mar. 18:
- Have a wonderful week, Insha'Allah!
- Half day for all students (12:20pm dismissal)
Tuesday, Mar. 19:
- UAF Reads During Homeroom
- PTO Popcorn Sale
Wednesday, Mar. 20:
- Elementary Morning Assembly
Thursday, Mar. 21:
- UAF Reads During Homeroom
Friday, Mar. 22:
- Secondary Morning Assembly
Sunday, Mar. 24:
- Secondary Parent Meeting at 10:00am
March 29: Quarter 3 Award Assembly
April 15-19: Stanford 10 Tests
For Juniors and Parents:
Assalamu Alaykum Juniors and Parents,The College Prep Scholars program application has opened and is due by March 20th. Quest Bridge, the founder of the program, connects the nation's most exceptional, low-income youth with leading colleges and opportunities and aims to increase the percentage of talented low-income students attending the nation's best colleges and supports them to achieve success with their career and communities. Information about the program and application can be found with the FAQ's below.What is the College Prep Scholars Program?
The College Prep Scholars Program equips high-achieving high school juniors from low-income backgrounds with the knowledge, confidence, and resources to apply to top colleges. More information about the program can be found in this video, and website.
Why apply as a junior?
Being a College Prep Scholar is a notable distinction that shows Quest Bridge's 40 college partners that you are a competitive candidate for admission. As a College Prep Scholar, you will receive exclusive awards and opportunities to develop a strong college application that shares your unique story.
What do you gain from being a College Prep Scholar?
Who Should Apply?
- A full scholarship to a college summer program at Stanford, Yale, Emory, UChicago, and more. Scholarships cover travel, tuition, and room & board.
- Quest for Excellence Awards, including up to $1,000 for a new laptop and other resources to enhance your college application (online courses, test preparation, test registration fees, and more).
- An invitation to a QuestBridge National College Admissions Conference at Penn, Vanderbilt, or Pomona.
- Personalized feedback on your college essay.
- Campus visits to QuestBridge college partners.
- One-on-one admissions telementoring from Amherst College students.
- Specialized guidance and resources for the college application process.
- Access to an online community of peers who are also applying to top colleges.
Any high school junior, regardless of citizenship, currently attending high school in the U.S. is eligible for the College Prep Scholars Program. Applicants must be high school juniors who are planning to apply to college during the fall of their senior year. Additional eligibility requirements can be found here. Keep in mind the eligibility criteria in the link are not cutoffs. You should still apply if you feel you fit close to the requirements.When is the application deadline?March 20, 2019How do I apply?How can I also qualify for the Quest for Excellence Award?Information can be found here.Did you know?When you apply as a junior, your application will automatically carry over for the National College Match when you’re a senior, giving you a head start on applying for a full four-year scholarship to Quest Bridge college partners. The majority of College Prep Scholars are selected as Finalists for the National College Match.All information in this e-mail was taken directly from the Quest Bridge website. As always feel free to contact Sr. Hannan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.