Falcon Weekly Reminder
January 21 - January 25
The mission of the Universal Academy of Florida is to teach our students the principles and practices of Islam and prepare them for academic success and good citizenship.
Hadith Of The Week
UAF will be closed on Monday, January 21, 2019 in observance
of Martin Luther King, Jr. (MLK) Day.
- Class Picture Day: All students will be taking class (group) pictures on Wednesday, January 23, 2019. Students MUST be dressed in the school uniforms. P.E. uniforms are not permitted for the class picture, so please make sure that your child is wearing the regular school uniform.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: Please email your child's teacher if you would like to schedule a conference.
- Parent Survey: Please take a few moments to complete the UAF parent survey. Your feedback means a lot to us! Please complete the survey specific to your child's department. If you have children in multiple departments, please complete each department separately:
Elementary: UAF Parent Survey- ELEMENTARY
Middle School: UAF Parent Survey- MIDDLE SCHOOL
High School: UAF Parent Survey- HIGH SCHOOL
- SUFS Family Reminder: Renewal families can now apply through Step Up For Students for a Florida Tax Credit (income-based) Scholarship for the 2019-20 school year. This year renewal families will have processing priority until Jan. 31, 2019. Renewal families who apply on or after Feb. 1, 2019, will lose their priority status over new applications. For further information visit: stepupforstudents.org. Once you receive your Step Up Award Letter, please make sure to personally bring it to the Business Office. Please do not email the letter to us.
- Tardy Policy: Students should only be absent or tardy from school in case of illness, unusual family difficulties, or emergencies. Students that are tardy to school in excess of 10 times per quarter will not be eligible to receive any honor roll awards.
- Attendance Line: Parents are required to report their child's absence, please call the UAF Attendance line (Extension 6) or email email@example.com . Please be sure to notify the school by 12 p.m. on the day of the absence to excuse the absence; otherwise students will be marked unexcused and will not be allowed to make-up missed assignments.
- UAF Facebook: Visit our UAF Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/universalacademyofflorida) page and stay updated about fun information and pictures of our events!
A UAF family living in Riverview is looking for a family to carpool from Riverview. Willing to pay.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested!
Cafeteria Menu: January
Athletic Calendar: January
NEWSLETTER: Falcon Forum Issue # 1
This week at UAF:
Monday, Jan. 21:
- MLK Day (No School for Students and Staff)
Tuesday, Jan. 22:
- UAF Reads during Homeroom
- First Grade Field Trip to Lowry Park Zoo
Wednesday, Jan. 23:
- Elementary Morning Assembly
- Class Picture Day (All students must wear regular uniforms (No P.E. uniforms)
Thursday, Jan. 24:
- UAF Reads during Homeroom
- 4th Grade Field Trip to Aquarium
Friday, Jan. 25:
- Secondary Morning Assembly
February 5: Cici's Pizza PTO Family Night
February 6: Q3 Interim ( Half Day for students)
For All High School Students
- Volunteer Opportunity for all High School: Masjid Daarus Salam & TMC is looking for volunteers for "The Prophetic Home" event on 2/1 from 12 PM - 10 PM. Students can come for the entire time or shifts. If you are interested e-mail TampaSacredKnowledge@gmail.com with your name and the timings that you are available. (Until 2/1)
For 9th Grade Students & Parents
- Don't forget to sign up for a meeting with Sr. Hannan here, if you have not already met. You may sign up here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E-mshjjfzAP0HXox9ullBJQEhyuhGoVdjdXOsgw2hg4/edit (Until 1/20)
For 10th & 11th Grade Students & Parents
- Please, complete the Aiming High Post-Survey by Friday, January 18th. Survey can be accessed at: tinyurl.com/AimingHighPost (Just this week)
For Seniors & Parents
- If you have not already make sure to complete the FAFSA and Bright Futures Application. Remember, you have until the end of the school year to bring up your SAT and ACT scores for the Bright Futures Scholarship. (Until the end of January)